Thursday 17 May 2012

On rainy days....

On rainy days my favourite things to do are:
  1. Stay in bed
  2. Read a fantastic book 
  3. Watch a great movie - Sound of Music or Beaches preferably please!
  4. Dunk a Digestive into a cup of tea
  5. Eat cake
Basically just veg! It's not because I've lost the black girl vs rain and wind battle. I have hats, wellies and coats to deal with that dastardly (I think Wacky races when I see this word) combo; but mainly because its just so miserable and secondly its a no peep toe situation. I wear peep-toe shoes for at least  8 months of the year and the rain prevents that #imserious.   Come on you didn't believe did that- I just don't like the cold, wet, greyness of it all, its so miserable!

So at times like this when I'm stuck in the house, or unable to emerge from the office at lunch-time; I think of funny moments in my life to cheer me up. Let me share some with you (I'm basically a klutz so feel free to laugh):
  • I'm on a first date, I've had a cocktail or 4 and I'm leaning over on the stool and I fall off the stool. But I fall in a way that the stool is kind of stuck on my arse. I obviously keep my eyes closed in the hope that if I can't see anyone laughing then I can climb into the abyss and pretend it never happened (wishful thinking). My date is trying not to laugh, finally I end up sitting back on the stool, my date laughs but everyone in the bar continues on as if something like this happens every day!
  •  I'm on a another date, he (another guy) picks me up we drive 5 mins down the road and his car breaks down in the middle of the main high road of the area we live in. I know how to play the game so I offer to push, but the heels and dress I have on mean that isn't a possibility. So he tries to act like he can push the car himself, I offer to steer but he is like 'no I got this'. The traffic is backing up all along the high road; he is so embarrassed and I am trying my best not to laugh. I don't think we've spoken about it since.  Lol but I need to remind him of this the next time I see him because it was so funny.
  • I walked into a bottle of brandy - as in head first into a bottle that someone was holding at a party (my spatial awareness is poor any wonder why broken down car guy didn't let me steer). Lol I try to act like I'm all cool and collected but I'm not. These situations seem to happen to me quite regularly, grazed ,my knee as I fell down the stairs on Saturday.
  •  Just asked one of my friends who said I had a blonde moment recently (please don't take offence - most of you aren't true blondes anyway) and spent 5 mins trying to get something out of the boot of his Porsche. How was I to know that the boot was at the front of the car (erm I was totally engrossed in something else when we put the bags in there, and yeah its not the first time I've had to go in the boot but I have a bad memory). Question for you is why is it a boot when its at the front lol!

I love funny pictures and videos, although not mean ones; If you have any good ones please share my way. I like this one at the mo  --------.>>>>>>>>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, feedback most welcome - don't be shy!