Sunday 28 April 2013

Back on it

So April has been a slack month for me in terms of fitness, since the new year I try to workout 3/4 times a week (mix of gym, yoga and Pilates) but have only consciously worked out 8 times this whole month. Although I have played tennis and been on a few walks, that should really be referred to as hikes (which I haven't included). I decided that it was time to get back on it in May. I always think its best to break yourself in so reduced the amount of carbs I eat last week (the headache only lasted one day) and I dragged myself to the gym this morning. The class I wanted to go to was cancelled, so I reacquainted myself with the free weights and spent an hour dead lifting, squatting and shoulder pressing. It all sounds more intense than it is.

Although I hate to admit it I do like working out its a great stress reliever, and it makes me feel more confident in how I look. Over the next couple of months I'm going to focus on toning my stomach and my back and improving my fitness so that I can run a 10k - I'm also considering getting a bike, inspired by my friend who is always harping on about how much she loves riding. I'll keep you up to date on how it's going.

My Gymbox membership starts this week which should help to spur me on, looking forward to Ghetto Zumba on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, feedback most welcome - don't be shy!