Saturday 23 June 2012

Barbie Naija style

So I'm going to let you into a little secret, I collect Barbies! I've been a fan of Barbie since I was 3 and much of my childhood was spent playing with my Barbie collection, my sweet shop, my dolls house (I had one of the Victorian style ones) and my cooker (you could actually bake in it). At this point I just need to say a big shout to my mum who overindulged me lol.

Anyway my love of all things Barbie started nearly 30 years ago and it's still going strong, so when I saw this I nearly had an orgasm (was that too much?) as a Nigerian I was just so wow. I loved the Italia Vogue black Barbie shoot; a London based photographer inspired by the Vogue shoot decided to put together a naija version http://photographybyobi.co.uk/wedding/black-barbie-kens-nigerian-traditional-wedding/. I love the creativity of it but I also think its a great way to let others know what a 'engagement' is like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, feedback most welcome - don't be shy!