Tuesday 20 November 2012

Forgiveness

If I'm truly honest with myself then my biggest flaw has to be my inability to forgive people for things they have done in the past. It's not that I hold grudges it's just that much like a panic room I shut down completely from the person or situation where there is an issue or I feel hard done by.

Today someone said to me that I need to learn to forgive and over the last 6 months or so I've been working on this (obviously a lot more work needs to be done). In some areas I'm probably better than this than others; but this is definitely a work in progress. What I've learnt is that for me being able to forgive is about three key things, trust - regaining that trust you had in a person, understanding - being able to see things from another persons perspective and ownership - taking responsibility for your own actions that led to the situation in the first place.

It's kind of a somber post but that's where my head is right now.

In other news I went to a fabulous wedding the other day coordinated by A Class Events. Even though it was the wedding of a really close friend I have to admit that it was one of the best weddings I had been to in a while. Check me in full wedding mode.

Speak soon
Nade



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, feedback most welcome - don't be shy!