Tuesday 1 January 2013

Products I love - Jan 2013

I decided to start 2013 sans weave, making this decision at 2pm on New Years Eve wasn't my most sensible idea especially as I had to remove, detangle, wash, treat and then condition my hair before wishing in the New Year. Even though I've had my hair in a weave for 12 weeks it was in good condition and felt moisturised, I still wanted to make sure and decided to try out the Cantu leave in moisturising Shea butter http://www.cantubeauty.com/mobile/ for the first time and boy am I glad I did - I love it!

After a 16 week break from the creamy crack - I have quite a bit of regrowth,  the Cantu butter really helped me to be able to slick my hair into a top knot. My hair feels so lush! I asked a few others (fellow hair groupers) for their thoughts and their response has been really positive, with only one person saying they didn't like it as they felt it coated their hair. I agree it does have that feeling but in my opinion that isn't a bad thing,  it does contain mineral oil but it's quite far down the ingredient list, but the feeling is of moisture rather than an oily residue.  I would definitely recommend this product whole heartedly and at £3.49 it's well worth-it. If you use this product do let me know what you think of it.

My second product that I love is Smashbox's primer. I had previously been using MAC's Prep and Prime or Make Up Forever's HD Primer. Unfortunately I had run out of the HD Primer so was solely using MAC. Now that Smashbox is stocked in (larger) Boots it's so much easier to buy and as a product I've always wanted to try I decided to purchase. Now I've tried it I can honestly say I won't be using anything else. I absolutely adore the finish it gives me; before even putting on my base I already feel that my skin is half way to flawless. My foundation stays on longer, it's easier to apply and has an improved finish. I also feel like I use less and I've started using my Sleek BB creme again - which I fell out with in the autumn.

The biggest wake up call for me on how good the Smashbox primer is, is when I inadvertently misplaced it - I was running late and it wasn't in my make up bag so I used the MAC primer. Lets just say there is no contest - I need to buy another bottle just in case this happens again.

I'm a product junkie so if you have any products that you would like to recommend let me know. If you've used any of the products featured in 'Products I love' then feel free to share your feedback.

Nadie xxx

PS Happy New Year - I hope 2013 is filled with joy, love and laughter in abundance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, feedback most welcome - don't be shy!