Sunday 30 December 2012

What will you be doing differently in 2014?

My year begins on October 3 and each year on my birthday I say thanks for the year before and set a focus for the year ahead. I don't call it a resolution because I believe I'm tempting fate which could lead to failure but I do set myself goals. Since I do this on my birthday I ignore the new year hype but if I'm honest these goals are very much focused on my own very personal needs and as I start in a new role in Jan and I was inspired by this post from Topshop (see photo) I've decided to pull together a list of things I will be doing in 2014.

1. Getting to work by 9.30am my usual time is circa 10am.

2. Making regular use of my gym membership throughout the year not just pre holiday or an important event. Let the focus be health and fitness rather than hotness.

3. Sending friends and loved ones cards and letters I started doing this at the end of this year. It's such a small thing but the response when they're received is lovely - it's such a nice surprise.

4. Improving my baking techniques - especially icing.

The hardest one for me to achieve will be getting to work earlier so it will mean early nights (in bed before 12) and getting out of bed rather than lounging in it - hopefully getting up and going to the gym will help this. What will you be doing, what's your biggest challenge to achieve it and how will you overcome your challenges - do let me know maybe we can motivate  each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, feedback most welcome - don't be shy!