Tuesday 5 February 2013

Harvey Nicks - black girls wear red lippy too

So today I received this email from Harvey Nicks. I fell in love with Harvey Nicks aged 18 when I went shopping with my mum and she convinced me to buy a Christian Lacroix jacket.

I like Selfridges, but there is something about Harvey Nicks that I love, I've actually had dreams about the shop. So I was kind of disappointed when I received today's email (probably yesterday's actually - as just going through my emails after midnight) which suggests red lipsticks for women and only provides suggestions for pale i.e. blondes and olive i.e. brunette complexions.

Now I've got to be honest it would have been nice to include options for darker complexions, maybe not my skin tone (I can tell they are taking baby steps) but a caramel or cafe au lait would have been a great start. You can't go wrong with a great lipstick - and there's a red that suits every one of us, even if you are green.

So Harvey Nicks get with the program, you have some of the best disruptor marketing out there - so I expect more!! Let us all know what amazing treasures you have in one of the best beauty departments I've ever had the good fortune to spend money in.

Note to self reduce the use of so in one post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, feedback most welcome - don't be shy!