Sunday 19 February 2012

5 things I'm grateful for ...

There are many things in life that I'm grateful but sometimes you need to take a minute to say 'thank you' and appreciate all the wonderful, or nice, or just ok things or people in your life. I'm definitely a believer that everyone and everything that happens in life is for a reason and in addition that you can learn from it all. Each week I will blog what I'm grateful for:

1. The other day my son came into my room to watch CNN with me, not very significant I know but he is 13; which means I am probably the most annoying person in his whole universe. So the fact he asked to come in and watch a news channel is quite flattering. Unfortunatley when the programme had finished I said he could choose something else and we ended up watching WWE.

2. Yesterday I went to see Yolanda Brown courtesy of a friend who gave me tickets. Firstly thank you so much AJ!! The gesture is and was very much appreciated. I thoroughly enjoyed the show and I would highly recommend catching her on tour if you can. I love seeing and hearing music performed live, music is life! I will be buying the new (debut) album 'April showers, May flowers', do check it out.

3. Being able to forgive. One of my faults is holding grudges; I spoke to a dear friend this week who said if 'you can't move on, move out'! It's made me think about a situation in my life that I had moved away from but still hasn't been resolved, so I'm going to try to understand why it happened and then try to forgive so that I can move on.

4. This week I had to be at work before 9 am on three occasions. I normally get into the office at 10am so I'm glad this week is over.

5. For life; that everyone close to me is living and breathing and healthy; oh yeah and Sky+.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, feedback most welcome - don't be shy!