Sunday 15 April 2012

Ta mate

I've been rather rubbish at blogging lately but I plan to pull it together this week. To start the week off correctly here are my top 5 things I'm grateful for:

1. I had the opportunity to meet a lovely bunch of women this week at Pride. We will all feature in a piece about beauty; I'll let you know when it's published. Always good to meet new people and quite frankly they were all fab women! Thanks to Gloria for giving us the opportunity.

2. Watching my nephew's first non school acting performance. I am really proud of him and really should have got his autograph as he may be one to watch in the future.

3. The right to vote, being able to be part of the political process is sometimes not valued by many of those eligible to vote in the UK. My view is that if you feel disgruntled with the system spoiling your paper is the best way to show this rather than not casting your vote. This week I went to a hustings of the 4 main candidates for London mayor; being able to ask questions or in my case jeer at Boris is all part of the political process which I'm glad I get to participate in.

4. This week started with a major plumbing disaster in my home. To quantify just how bad it was lets just say I had to wear wellies to walk in the corridor. Just want to say thanks to everyone who helped and God bless you to anyone who was less than helpful.

5. Positive people, a friend had some disappointing news but her response to it made me remember why I love her so dearly as a friend. It's not always easy to see the glass as half full but I truly believe that being able to saves you a lot of heartache and grief in the end. Knowing what you have power of control over and focusing on winning in those areas will ensure you win overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, feedback most welcome - don't be shy!